Monday, June 21, 2010

Adding to my pile of UFO's....

This weekend I started quilting the Sunflower Quilt that is on the frame. I only quilted two rows then got called off to help with other things around the house.

On top of it all, I started cutting up fabric to make a kit for another scrap quilt.  It is made using 2.5 inch squares and rectangles.  I am planning to use "fall" colors only.  I don't know why I started this one....just needed something to do.  I could sew the four patches together at the Sunday sew in. It will take 200 of those little guys sewn into four patch to make 50 units. They will be bordered by a light fabric with the corners "snowballed" with dark squares (200 squares needed here...)  Plus the alternate block is a little like the Chinese Coins with a strip of light fabric going down the middle.  It is very pretty and will use almost all of my 2.5 strip I have in my stash!YAy for me

No comments: