Monday, November 20, 2006

the Fat Eighth Swap

Yesterday, to continue with my 20 minutes a day (at least!), I worked on one of the blocks for the BOM I am hosting for the guild. I also worked on and finished three (YES I SAID 3) blocks for the Fat Eighth swap I am also hosting. I made one with paper piecing a palm. It turned out so nice!! I can't wait to send these off, but will have to wait until Dec. 15 (or is it the 10th? Geez the mind is the first thing to go, ya know?) This swap is great. I am going to make a wall hanging for the office/family room with my blocks. I might have to make more though. I will only get back 5, as I am only in one group of 6 women. If I make 4 more blocks, then I can have a 3 block x 3 block wall hanging (approximately measuring 40" x 40") with a border and all.

I really need to get that quilt finished that is on the frame right now. I call it a sunburned zebra in the barn. It is black & white & red set in the barn-raising pattern. It is cute, but I just haven't the inspiration to finish quilting it. I just need to dive into it this weekend so I can put another top on the frame to quilt that one. And so the cycle goes. I have so many tops to quilt.

I think I will tie the quilt top I made for Amanda's graduation from college. And then there's Brandon's quilt I am making for his graduation...I was in a Batik Bento Box swap and I need to sew those boogers together to make his quilt top. Nice colors for a guy-quilt!

see ya..Piece!

No comments: