Tuesday, November 07, 2006

20 minutes turn into 45!

Last night while my dear husband took Myka, our 11 month old "puppy" to the beach, I had time to do some quilting/sewing.

I sewed together some half square triangles (HST) for two blocks I am to send off to Sandra for winning the block lottery last month. I won in September, so I got to choose the block for October, the Weathervane. I love this block but it has a bunch of HST's!! I pledge 5 to send to the winner. Now to finish the rest of them!

I am also part of a Fat Eighth swap. We sent a F8 to each participant and in turn we received a F8 from each person in our group. Then we have a month to create a block from each of the F8's. I searched EQ5 for some blocks and printed them out then I cut out the fabric for Lola's last night. Corn & Beans is the pattern I chose. She sent in patriotic fabric. I should be able to cut out the rest tonight. Then sew them up by next week.

I also finished sewing the binding down on 1 pot holder and got half way through another pot holder. These are going to be Christmas presents.

WOW what a productive night, eh?

see ya - piece!

Brenda

No comments: