Friday, November 03, 2006

Quilting?? No, just piecing!

I still have a quilt on my frame that has been there for about 6 months. I started to quilt it but then we moved and I lost the umph to get it done! I really need to get it done so I can finish up some of the other quilt tops i have laying around. I think I have close to 15 tops laying around!! YIKES
With Christmas just a month and a half away I better get my toosh in gear and get these things quilted, eh?

I really think I am a "piecer" not a "quilter". I enjoy the piecing process much better than the quilting process. But then again, when I am actually quilting, I love the look of the quilts. And I especially love the feeling of getting them done! Then comes the sad part. I have only kept a couple of my quilts. I give them all away. Maybe that is why I don't want to finish them. I won't have them in my hands any longer if I give them away!!

That is a thought I never thought about before....hmmmm....

Anyway, I am wasting time here on the 'puter and not quilting, so, off I go. Hopefully to finish the quilt that is on the frame finally!! I will post pics once it is done!

see ya....piece!

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

I agree with so soooo much. I love piecing and then I stop when it's time to quilt. For years I sold my quilting stuff and I saved very little for myself.

see ya....piece ======> cool saying