Thursday, November 09, 2006

Inspiration from quilting buddies

Last night I went to my quilting "class". It isn't so much of a class now as a get together of a few quilting buddies going over ideas and sharing new projects with each other. It started out as an actual class offered by the adult education department but has now turned into a time of getting together with friends.

I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my "quilting buddies". I can talk about a fat quarter or a paper piecing block that drove me crazy and it can be appreciated by those that I am talking to. Whenever I try to tell my husband or sons the frustrations I am having with a particular block I get a blank look from them. I was told that all they hear is "blah blah blah blah....Jeff....blah blah blah...Hans....etc"

Last night there was no sewing but I did get inspiration from my quilt buddies. One woman, Pat, brought in her quilted (but not bound) quilt of hand-dyed fabrics. She calls it her Easter egg quilt because the colors resemble the Easter eggs she made a couple of weeks before we dyed this fabric in the class. Just stunning. Now what am I going to do with all my hand-dyed fabric? I think I will just hold onto it a little longer so I can enjoy how pretty they all are.

Brenda

see ya...piece!

No comments: