Friday, December 29, 2006

Sewing machine Woes

I was quilting on my machine and broke it! UGh I still had stuff to sew for Christmas presents. Oh well, I called my daughter to borrow her machine. She brought it over and it wouldn't work either! Getting other stuff sewed was not in my agenda apparently.
I took my machine in and they said it was the timing mechanism, and it would cost $89.95 to get it fixed. YIKES! oh well, I picked up the machine yesterday and it works like a dream now. And it is very quiet. It wasn't quiet before. I wonder if the timing has always been "out". Natasha's machine needed a new foot pedal. She picked that up as well. We both have working machines and are ready to sew again. She plans on making Elizabeth a baby quilt for the new baby (due in March or April - I forget which). I am very happy she plans on continuing with making quilts. Chuck & Penny were very happy with the quilt she made them for Christmas. (her first quilt she finished ever)

I will be sewing up a storm in 2007. I need to quilt all the tops I have in the garage just sitting there waiting for me to finish them up and give away. I think I have about 15 tops that need to be quilted! Then there is all the fabric I have that needs to be sewn into quilt tops....hee hee

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

See ya.....Piece!

Brenda

No comments: