Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New ways to say UFO

I overheard some women talking about their unfinished projects. One of the women said she was working on her PHD in quilting. That made my ears perk up a bit. I casually strolled over and joined in the conversation only to find that PHD in quilting is another way to say she has unfinished projects she is working on - Projects Half Done!!!

Another woman said she does not use scraps in her quilts but that she uses morsels of fabric. "Makes them sound more appealing" she explained.

What kind of saying do you like to use? My favorite is a PIG - projects in grocery bags.

Saying it differently does not change the fact that UFO's exist, especially in my house. I have finished two quilts recently! YAY for me! I am currently working on one more top that has been sitting around for a few years. Once the top is done I will get to quilting on another top. It is hard to quilt right now though. My mid-arm machine is in the shop getting fixed. I miss her....

Let me hear what you favorite sayings are!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

When I have a challenging project that will take a long time, I call it an AD project. "After Death" project for my grandkids to do..LOL.

kwiltnkats said...

I heard about the PHD in Quilting but not the PIG. Cute both of them. I've got a UFO project challenge and a UFO pattern challenge going. Four quilt buddies participate in the project challenge and one in the pattern challenge. I just started the pattern challenge this year. I was hoping to hear how many UFO projects you were trying to complete. Don't let the new BOM you are taking on become one.
www.kwiltnkats.blogspot.com